Search

Search

Search for
By user

Posts written by armen115:

User
Yea bhopping could probably.. Think I could get banned tho?
User
Hello, just a quick question, are Counter Strike scripts allowed?
Is it possible to get banned or kicked or anything like that? I was wondering to see if I could use a bhopping one.
Thanks
User
Ok thanks alot guys
User
Is that regular or game engine?
User
Very good mentality, unlike mine whereas my expectations are too high, but your game sounds good.. You could try addictinggames or sites like that for ideas.
User
yea, I also realllllyy like the one in haidme's profile.
Think I want to get that, although I cant seem to find a link to download blender game engine.
User
yea. My problem is this list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_game_engines
Because I dont know which one
User
Ok runescape is like one map, no levels, and you walk around the map doing stuff. I checked a second ago, and there was 150 thousand ppl online. There is not only one server tho. You can choose one of the 159 servers they have, which are in different locations. I wouldnt need one that big, but Im just wondering if i did have the game could I somehow put it online so its like rs.
btw if ur wondering rs is made in java
User
like runescape
User
Im saying is it possible, as in if one day I make a game like that with one of those programs, Will I be able to make it an MMORPG?
User
Hey, I was wondering if you had a game like http://youtube.com/user/haidme
or
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YZ7WtOuQrRQ
Could you make it into an MMORPG?

Also, which of the programs used to make it do you like better? Blender or something and 3D Game studio A7 or something like that

Thanks
User
Ugh I give up
User
so you recommend me looking for a PHP server to buy, or get that program.

Thanks alot
User
have you seen fpsbanana? something like that, idc what thingy its written in or whatever.. did SJ pay for this?
User
Hello! I was wondering if its possible to make a website, with tab thingies (example: Forum, Search, Me ...), Accounts (you register), and if its possible... free?
User
Yea, but if you decide not to then you can make your own textures, which is really not that hard, you just need a program called Wally WAD, and the picture you want to use, so you can make a brush in the air, then apply the texture to it. You can go into paint or something, and use the text thing to make a picture saying map made by:..... If you are going to do this then tell me for more info if needed
Truck
User
Ok there is a button which you have to push, and the putton looks like a grey circle. When you push it it lights up to a yellowish colour. I already have a little box (AKA button) that you need to push with the grey texture. I go into its properties and I see target, but thats where im stuck. I write func_door in the target then make the "door" an entity and name it func_door, then adjust the 1000 speed thingy in the doors properties?
Truck
User
Hi, I have a surf map with a small jail, and I want to make it so when you jump up at hit the button, it changes colour and then opens up the bottom like a latch and makes a sound.
Truck
User
lmao!
User
You need to Edit your .BAT file, because the path cannot be specified error means that you put the locations wrong, for example, if your path is Bob>Joe>Phil, and you put Bob>Henry>Phil
then it will show that message. If it works correctly it will say: 1 File(s) copied, press any key to continue
User
Meh, thanks
User
Hey, I have a floor in my map, but when you scroll to the side it keeps going, like its infinite.. I try to drag in but it doesnt work. This is an exploded brush? anyway to fix?
User
It was -90 0 0, with the angle UP
User
lol Thanks
User
OK I figured this out!!!! my problem was that I just had the trigger push on the floor.. what you need to do is have it stretched upwards, for how long you want the boost to last for.

Thanks, Armen
User
ok thanks anyways.. and this post is on google :)
User
Hm. OK well I did what I said before in my first post, and adjusted pitch to 90 and 180, then adjusted speed to 700.. When I go in my map its as if nothing is there. I also made a small map with tons of them to test it out, and nothing worked.. Also, read this last post by superjer http://www.superjer.com/forum/jumppad.php
It says -45, so in my case -90.. I tried that and nothing worked.. and see where in says Angle: Up/Down? I set that to up
User
Hm.. Well do you think that the forum method would be better?
User
I tried doing the dedicated server and when I run it says: Couldn't allocate dedicated server IP port 27015
User
Will this have amx on it? my upload thing is 156 kilobits per second. This is something else I saw: http://forums.counter-strike.com/counter-strike-1-6/3619-how-create-cs-1-6-server-steam.html
User
Well I only have one computer, and I leave it on most of the time and its my home one. So how can I do this?
User
Hi, Im making a clan and decided that I need a server for scrims n stuff like that. Since server hosting or whatever requires you to pay money, I dont want to do that, so is there any other way to have my own server?
User
If you have lots of walls try scaling it up alot.
User
Any help?
Truck
User
Ok thanks.
User
Hey does any1 know how to make something like the vent in surf_ski_2? (something that lifts you up) , Do I make a brush with AAATRIGGER texture, Tie to entity, make it trigger up, but it on the floor of the vent, and adjust Yaw Pitch Roll or whatever its called?
Truck
User
Maybe you should make four different elevators,one on each floor and put 4 seperate and if you want labled buttons in the elevator so that when you push it you get teleported to each floor.
Truck
User
Are you making it so ur elevator has buttons?
Truck
User
lol..... Well that sucks!
Truck
User
Lol I wont sue him, and I couldnt find it using search
Truck
User
Hello, One day I encountered a computer problem and had to get my comp fixed by a guy. He took it to his shop and supposedly "backed up my files", fixed it and sent it back. I went through My Documents (where ZHLT was berfore) and there was only my music, my pictures, and my recieved files. Now I cannot find ZHLT, so I dont have my map that ive been working on for a long time. Is this map possibly somewhere else?

btw, I went through my program files, and most of the other stuff like GCFScape and Hammer were there.

Thanks
User
Intel
User
The Model of the graphics card right?
User
Ok well I can the rest of my comp can meet the requirements, except the video card.

CS:S Preffered Specs:
2.4 GHz Processor
512MB RAM
DirectX 9 capable graphics card
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection

I have:
2.66GHz processor
512MB RAM
DirectX 9 capable graphics card
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection

and also an Intel Celeron........... But I had my computer repaired and the guy said I dont have a video card slot or something. Thanks
User
NOOOO way of me not buying anything? -dont mind my cheapness
User
armen115 said:
Hello, I have a dell dimension 3000 (grey front and black sides) and I installed CS:S. I thought I was sure I had the system requirements but It turns out I dont. When I try to launch the window comes up saying that its not good to run the game cause I dont have the requirements. (btw I always play 1.6) I thought I was supposed to download the latest driver, whatever those are, So I went to the site n downloaded but I ran the Graphics accelerater and it says I cant run it on the system.

INFO:
Intel(R)82865G Graphics Controller
Windows XP
User
Hello, I have a dell dimension 3000 (grey front and black sides) and I installed CS:S. I thought I was sure I had the system requirements but It turns out I dont. When I try to launch the window comes up saying that its not good to run the game cause I dont have the requirements. (btw I always play 1.6) I thought I was supposed to download the latest driver, whatever those are, So I went to the site n downloaded but I ran the Graphics accelerater and it says I cant run it on the system.

INFO:
Intel(R)82865G Graphics Controller
Windows XP
Truck
User
Ok thanks alot
Truck
User
Hi, I am making a surf map and I want it so that you cant buy at the spawn points, but you can in the buyroom. I searched this before and it said something about Info_map_parametres and Func_buyzone, but couldnt understand.

Any help?
Truck
User
thanks
Truck
User
ok ty.. I found out the problem, I had 4 huge walls around my map and only the top part being a sky. I took out the walls so now there is only the bottom place where you walk... but you cant see the floor (its an AAAtrigger, teleporting you to jail)
so are AAAtriggers invisible? because I guess i should make an AAAtrigger teleporting to jail and a textured floor underneath it to make you be able to see it.. thanks
Truck
User
Ok im making a surf map, and as you probably know, surf ramps are huge. Ive made mine so that there is no extra space and its fairly small, and compiles quickly, but when im in game, there so much lag and choppy-ness I cant play

Anyway I could fix this other then making my map smaller?

ps.Is there any other map making programs?
User
ok ty
User
umm I think you understood me wrong
User
Hello, I am making a surf map, and this is what i need help with: there are two spawns on each side, and you jump onto the ramp and it curves in to make one ramp. I need help making the curves,appreciate your help

( do I make the half-ramp (one-sided) then click it twice to make the 4 circles on eacher corner appear then turn it in?)
because my problem with that is that its uneven
User
Im playing cs 1.6, and it didnt work out, because when i typed exec cs.cfg, it said unknown command for each of the commands
User
Is it naturally 80?
User
Hi, I play surf maps alot and ive heard that its easier with more fps, is this right? and there was this guide about how to improve it and this is what it says:
in your steam/steamapps/accountname/counter-strike/cstrike/cfg, make a file with notepad and type :
cl_ejectbrass 0
cl_phys_props_enable 0
cl_phys_props_max 0
cl_ragdoll_fade_time 1
cl_ragdoll_physics_enable 0
cl_show_splashes 0
cl_smooth 0
dsp_slow_cpu 1
mat_antialias 0
mat_bumpmap 0
mat_bloom 0
mat_bufferprimitives 1
mat_clipz 0
mat_fastspecular 1
mat_hdr_enabled 0
mat_mipmaptextures 0
r_cheapwaterstart 1
r_cheapwaterend 1
r_drawdetailprops 0
r_dynamic 0
r_lightinterp 0
r_RainSimulate 0
r_shadows 0
rope_smooth 0
fog_enable 0
fog_enable_water_fog 0
gl_clear 0

in it, save it as cs.cfg , then in console type exec cs.cfg.

does this work
User
Ok ty
User
Ok i will post
User
Hi, I am registering for a website and when In the register account information page, you need to fill out the thing that says: List the following characters you see in the box or something like that (the squigly numbers that prevent ppl from using bots)

The problem is, I cannot see the picture, It shows the empty box with an red X in a white box in the top left corner, I also tried right-clicking then clicking show picture, but it become clear again
User
ok, because its just a surf map(only ramps and 1 jail). Thanks
User
and if I need the space? (sry for being stubborn)
User
yea, I tried compiling my map and it took a long time, made my computer verrrryyyy slow, and in the end didnt wok because it "paused" and never continued.

Should i make my map smaller?
User
lol.. Well look how big of a map it is, how come its not messed? also: will it decrease lag if there a skybox instead of regular block block

Changed (sry) I mean how come its not laggy and there is so much room, or is there the same amount of room that I have but I dont realize it. anyways I think that isnt it the persons computer thats hosting it that will determine if its laggy or not
User
ok i made it the way how it is in surf_ski_2, without leaks and open boxes by making a huuuuugggeeee box around the whole map. the teleporter thing worked too, but man that map was sooooo slow (so much lag)

Has any1 played surf_ski_2? tell me if you did because its a perfect example of what i need to ask

ps. there was a pretty fast compile time
User
how? because mine is a big map and its on the edge of the grid
User
Thanks, so i can make a huge box around my map and then have open boxes inside right?
User
Ok thanks alot, and another question if possible?
have you played surf_ski_2? because i have a question about leaks.

The spawn points are in what looks like a room with one open side with a divider for T's and Ct's. there is the open wall though, there is also a jail without a roof so how are there no leaks. is this because theres a skybox?
User
Hi I am wondering how to make it so that in my surf map, when you fall off a ramp you get teleported to a jail.

Thanks
User
Ok... So I am trying to make different things like a window and some water, but its like i cant have two textures on eachother because it looks bad. the reason for this is that i can see both textures, for example: the window is ON the wall, so you see some glass texture and some brick texture.

Extra: When i make my water and place a grenade on it with the intention of the grenade being IN the water, it floats on top of the water and the water it just like the ground, I walk on and dont swim on it.
(the water is 1 square thick)

Thanks
User
Ok thanks alot :)..

Also, you are not supposed to use game_player_equip,
I was mistaken and when you make the new game ( not using cmd), you get knife and default gun. problem solved, thanks alot
User
Ok so I tried it out but there are a few problems:
1. If I try to make it so that everyone starts out with their defaut guns, it can only be glock or usp unless theres one for t's and one for ct's.
2. there is still no health, radar, bullets, etc showing.
User
I dont have that in my scroll down menu. how do I get it
User
there is no such thing as that entity.
User
there was no bullets, health and radar showing.... and also, there is no knife,glock or usp to place as an entity. I tried to make it so I start with the weapons, but that doesnt work also.
Although, unlike before, the .bat file works when I open it.
User
nope, dont know what that is
User
so should i make a usp fall for the ct and glock9 for the t?
User
ok so I made sure there were both start points and then added a gun to the room and the same problem happend.. When i go to pickup the gun its fine, I see my hands, and can also shoot. If this helps you, there was no disconnect option, only resume game.

thanks.
User
Hey...I opened demo.bsp with steam and then counter strike opened and created a local server and i could see my map. The only problem was that i didnt have hands.. i could move around and jump and you could hear my footsteps but didnt have hands. is this supposed to be like this?

ps. ever since i made the map, it says yellow things in the top left corner of my screen ( everything going on in the game)
for example: i went to a server then when someone left the server, it said theplayersname dropped.
User
ok after fiddling around with it, it takes a while to load and then it says: ---END HLRAD--- ( is it always supposed to say that) 1 file(s) copied.
User
oooooo I see.... There is for me to.. so should I edit the .bat file? I think I have it right but let me know if i have all the lines right (\).

@echo off
hlcsg -nowadtextures mapname
hlbsp mapname
hlvis mapname
hlrad mapname
copy demo.bsp "C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\SteamApps\armen115\counter-strike\cstrike\maps"
pause
"C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 10 -dev +sv_cheats 1 +map mapname
User
nope, Im pretty sure this is right.. i checked if there was a maps folder in cstrike and that is correct, and I copied and pasted the text from guide, but this is what is says:

@echo off
hlcsg -nowadtextures mapname
hlbsp mapname
hlvis mapname
hlrad mapname
copy mapname.bsp "C:\Steam\SteamApps\armen115\counter-strike\cstrike\maps"
pause
"C:\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 10 -dev +sv_cheats 1 +map mapname
User
ok this is where I save everything based on what you said in the guide:

I make the new text document in zhlt253-17
I name it demo.bat
I go to hammer and click export to .MAP and then save it in zhlt253-17
I then edit the document, save, and then double click the demo.bat to run it.

The same problem appears
User
Hmm?
User
Hi, I made a very simple map (my first one) that is a basic room and im ready to play on it. I downloaded ZHLT and did everything in the guide, but I cant play it. Also: After the first time I tried to compile it, a bunch of files appeared in my zhlt folder. I also found the mapname.err or whatever its called but deleted it, and now it wont make another one if i have an error. Since I cant attach a picture because im a noob, this is what it says in the command prompt after I run the mapname.bat:

---------------End hlrad-------------

the system cannot find the path specified
0 file(s) copied.
press any key to continue.

after I do, nothing happens